What to wear
- loose fitting clothing for ease of movement (denim is not recommended)
- long pants in the spring and on cool summer days and layered clothing
- capris or shorts for warmer weather (some paddlers prefer cycling or padded shorts)
- wick dry clothing
- supportive waterproof footwear with grips (running shoes or water shoes) and no flip flops as these are dangerous
- hat (avoid baseball caps, as they may blow off your head or impede your paddling)
- sunglasses – the kind you don’t mind possible losing in the water!
- paddling gloves (optional)
- light rain gear (breathable) that would fit under a life jacket
Please leave your jewelry at home, as it could cause injury or get lost.
What to bring
The following is a list of suggested items to bring with you. We do have a secure place for your keys and/or bags.
- water bottle (waist attachment is suggested)
- change of clothing and footwear
- waterproof sunscreen and insect repellent
- lip balm
- sunglasses with headband attachment
- hat or bandanna
- nutritious snack and drink for after practice
- personal, inherently buoyant PFDs are acceptable.
Air-inflatable PFD belts are not permitted.
You won't need
Your own equipment. PFDs, paddles and boats are provided.
Where to park
Parking is available at Rafters Landing (9734-98 Ave NW). Please remember that parking is limited.